- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Place butter, garlic and cayenne in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in wine, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Microwave, covered, on high until shrimp turns pink, 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSplit-Second Shrimp
"Living in Tampa, Fl, we eat a lot of shrimp, but I had never thought to do it in the microwave until I say this recipe. Shrimp cooks fast as it is, but this is even faster, and just as delicious... in fact, I think more of the flavor stays with the shrimp using this method than when they are cooked in an open skillet. I added the shrimp to a vegetable and rice medley... made a wonderful dinner."
"I loved this recipe but I found that it took about a minute longer to cook. I served it with the BLT salad on the same page."
"So easy and yummy! I use a lot less lemon juice...too much for my tastebuds and I add some garlic salt. I triple the sauce and serve over angel hair."