Splash-of-Color Skillet Recipe
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion, green pepper and carrot in oil until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 121 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Splash-of-Color Skillet
"What a great recipe! What I love about this is that the ingredients are typically those that we always have on hand. I doubled the recipe in its entirety for our family, and I used some of the small multi-colored sweet peppers (from Costco) vs a green pepper. I had some concerns about how prevalent the Dijon mustard flavor was in the sauce when I tasted it alone, but it melded wonderfully with the vegetables and the flavor really mellowed out. I let some of the vegetables get a bit charred, which we all love. This was a terrific side dish and it's a keeper. We'll definitely make it again."