Spiral Pasta Salad with Marjoram Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) spiral pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- MARJORAM VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, marjoram, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 212 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Jul 30, 2017
Just made this for my family, and they loved it!
Oct 21, 2015
Big hit with the family and guests I made for a grilling party.
Apr 7, 2014
This had a strange flavor which started out slightly sweet but quickly became bitter. It was edible but I don't think I will make it again.
Aug 5, 2013
Excellent! Have made it several times and everyone I have server it to has enjoyed it.
Jul 23, 2011
Excellent! I took this to a neighborhood BBQ and it was a hit!
Apr 26, 2009
this was very good. i am like you i love to use fresh herbs and spices when i cook.
Mar 31, 2009
This was very good!