Alma De Fazio rounds out the sensational supper with appealing Spiral Cheese Slices.. The Erie, Pennsylvania baker jazzes up refrigerated crescent roll dough by using cheddar cheese, green onions and garlic powder to create the delightful spirals. "I serve them as appetizers, too," she says. "They're very easy to make--and very delicious." Bake a bunch for your family tonight.
Recommended: 19 Stromboli Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove crescent dough from tube; do not unroll. Cut into eight slices; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with green onions. Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese; lightly press cheese into slices.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiral Cheese Slices in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p14