Spinach Wild Rice Quiche
From Ephrata, Pennsylvania, Leah Zimmerman writes, "I turn to this recipe when entertaining a small group or looking for a quick Sunday meal." Swiss cheese and spinach make this quiche tasty, but a store-bought pastry shell and last night's wild rice make it easy to assemble.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup Vegetable Wild Rice or cooked wild rice
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Add rice, cheese, bacon and spinach; mix well. Pour into prepared crust. Cover edges of pastry with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 275 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Wild Rice Quiche in Quick Cooking September/October 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.