Newlywed Trixie Ferguson of Bennett, Colorado says, "I have been learning to pare down portions for the two of us...and have created a few small-size recipes, like this hearty wrap."
Recommended: Our Best Artichoke Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 5 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese over each tortilla. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Layer each with 3/4 cup spinach, turkey, cheese, red pepper and onions. Top with remaining spinach. Drizzle with dressing. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Turkey Wraps in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p20