Spinach & Turkey Turnovers
Never toss anything from a fancy meal when you can make turnovers using the turkey, gravy and cranberries. We serve them as a quick meal or appetizer. —Anjli Sabharwal, Marlboro, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, garlic, rosemary and thyme; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey, spinach, cheese, gravy, salt and pepper.
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into four squares. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Spoon turkey mixture onto center of each square. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over edges of pastry. Fold one corner of dough diagonally over filling, forming triangles; press edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with egg mixture. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in orange zest. Serve with turnovers.
Nutrition Facts1 turnover with 2 tablespoons sauce: 435 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Creamy Spinach and Turkey Turnovers with Cranberry -Orange Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015