Spinach & Turkey Turnovers
Never toss anything from a fancy meal when you can make turnovers using the turkey, gravy and cranberries. We serve them as a quick meal or appetizer. —Anjli Sabharwal, Marlboro, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup turkey gravy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions, garlic, rosemary and thyme; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey, spinach, cheese, gravy, salt and pepper.
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into four squares. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Spoon turkey mixture onto center of each square. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over edges of pastry. Fold one corner of dough diagonally over filling, forming triangles; press edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with egg mixture. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in orange zest. Serve with turnovers.
Nutrition Facts1 turnover with 2 tablespoons sauce: 435 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Spinach and Turkey Turnovers with Cranberry -Orange Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.