Spinach Turkey Penne
A friend served this recipe to me as a vegetarian dish. I enjoyed it, but my husband and three sons love meat, so I added turkey Italian sausage.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Crumble sausage into a skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach, raisins if desired and bouillon. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Stir in tomatoes and sausage.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture; toss gently. Garnish with almonds and Parmesan cheese.
Originally published as Spinach Turkey Penne in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook