Spinach Turkey Penne
A friend served this recipe to me as a vegetarian dish. I enjoyed it, but my husband and three sons love meat, so I added turkey Italian sausage.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Crumble sausage into a skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach, raisins if desired and bouillon. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Stir in tomatoes and sausage.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture; toss gently. Garnish with almonds and Parmesan cheese.
Originally published as Spinach Turkey Penne in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.