Spinach Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup stuffing mix, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- Cheese slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and half of the spinach (save remaining spinach for another use). Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with cheese, lettuce and tomato if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 503 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 969mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Apr 14, 2012
These burgers are terrific! Even my kids who don't usually like turkey burgers loved these!
Jul 16, 2011
This is very popular in our house. For an alternate spread, try using light creamy caesar dressing. It is great with it.We have also doubled this recipe and made it into a meatloaf.