Spinach Tomato Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes4 cups (4 dozen pita triangles)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- PITA TRIANGLES:
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole pita breads
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and onion. Spoon into an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and oil; brush over both sides of pitas. Cut each pita into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Combine cumin and lemon-pepper; sprinkle over both sides of wedges.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with spread.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 69 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 28, 2018
Delicious! I made a double batch of this for a family dinner and everyone loved it.
Jun 5, 2009
I made this a couple of times for parties and everyone loved it. The tomatoes give it an interesting twist. My cousin was asking for it so making it again this weekend.
Apr 14, 2009
All I can say it blah! no flavor and uninteresting.