- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- PITA TRIANGLES:
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 whole pita breads
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, salt and cayenne until smooth. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and onion. Spoon into an ungreased microwave-safe 9-in. pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and oil; brush over both sides of pitas. Cut each pita into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Combine cumin and lemon-pepper; sprinkle over both sides of wedges. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with spread. Yield: 4 cups (4 dozen pita triangles).
Reviews forSpinach Tomato Spread
"Delicious! I made a double batch of this for a family dinner and everyone loved it."
"I made this a couple of times for parties and everyone loved it. The tomatoes give it an interesting twist. My cousin was asking for it so making it again this weekend."
"All I can say it blah! no flavor and uninteresting."