This egg dish has a wonderful flavor from the nutmeg, which combines well with the Swiss cheese. Every time I've served it, it's been well received.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. In a bowl, combine cheese, onion and spinach. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a blender, combine milk, eggs, biscuit mix, salt, pepper and nutmeg; cover and process until smooth. Pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Swiss Pie in Country December/January 2000, p49