- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in spinach and picante sauce. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Surprise
"I thought it was okay, my family wasn't thrilled with it. Gonna see who I can give the left overs to, hate to throw out food!"