Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and onion in broth over medium-low heat until tender. Stir in the spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in walnuts. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 108 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 3, 2011
I made this as directed, found it to be bland and unexciting. My family however loves spinach so i am always looking for different but healthy serving suggestions. I will try it again next week, i will likely saute the onions & mushrooms with white wine before adding the broth. Im thinking of adding almonds instead of walnuts... will report on the outcome