Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and onion in broth over medium-low heat until tender. Stir in the spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in walnuts. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 108 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 469mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 3, 2011
I made this as directed, found it to be bland and unexciting. My family however loves spinach so i am always looking for different but healthy serving suggestions. I will try it again next week, i will likely saute the onions & mushrooms with white wine before adding the broth. Im thinking of adding almonds instead of walnuts... will report on the outcome
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.