Spinach-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil; coat the foil with cooking spray and set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside and chop stems. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped mushrooms and onion. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 1-2 minutes or until tender, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream. Stir in the spinach, stuffing, feta cheese, garlic salt and onion mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 233 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Feb 11, 2018
First made these at Xmastime and they were so super delicious had special requests to make them again for New Years. Didn't use Feta Cheese, though, and added Shredded Mozzarella Cheese on Top. Great recipe!!! Now trying to figure out how to make them "Vegan Style".
Jan 6, 2012
WOW! I just had this for dinner tonight and it was incredible. We ate as a main course. It is very flavorful and filling. It was also pretty easy. We used fresh spinach instead of frozen. I can't wait to make it again.
Sep 26, 2011
Wow is what I get when my family and friends eat these tasty mushrooms. I also make ahead for my friends when they are running a tight schedule. I put them together and hand over to a friend with baking instructions and they are worry free about preparing a meal. I use them as a main course with a wonderful salad. Thanks Sandy (my name also) and Taste of Home for helping me daily to enjoy a new recipe and not having to have the same boring meals over and over.
Aug 22, 2010
This dish is wonderful. The mushrooms are cooked to perfection and the stuffing is so flavorful we intend to use it to stuff chicken breasts as well. We do not like feta cheese so I have substituted with a couple Light soft cheese wedges that are flavored with garlic and herb. This recipe has never disappointed us.