Worthy of an anniversary or an unexpected promotion, this elegant stuffed and rolled chicken looks gorgeous and tastes delicious. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Featured In: 70 Budget-Friendly Dinners That Are Big on Taste
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and salt.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread ricotta cheese and spinach mixture over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain linguine; toss with remaining butter and salsa. Discard toothpicks from chicken. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Stuffed Chicken with Linguine in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p13
Reviews forSpinach-Stuffed Chicken with Linguine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2015
"I cut the recipe in half, but used more garlic and it turned out really delicious. The meat was moist and not salty. I did not use the linguini. Delicious!!"