Spinach-Stuffed Chicken with Linguine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and salt.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread ricotta cheese and spinach mixture over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain linguine; toss with remaining butter and salsa. Discard toothpicks from chicken. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed chicken breast with 1 cup linguine: 681 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 52g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2015
I cut the recipe in half, but used more garlic and it turned out really delicious. The meat was moist and not salty. I did not use the linguini. Delicious!!
Feb 2, 2015
We teally loved chicken prepared this way, although I used butter rather than egg for breading the chicken.