Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Pockets for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute spinach and garlic in 1 teaspoon oil until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the spreadable cheese, 1/3 cup bread crumbs and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast; fill with spinach mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the pepper and remaining bread crumbs and salt. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 544 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein.
Oct 31, 2011
This was very good and everyone really enjoyed it. I doubled the recipe,my chicken breasts were split on top lnstead of a pocket,so I browned the bottom and browned off in the oven 350 degrees for about 10 minutes after drizzling melted butter over crumbs.