- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar or part-skim mozzarella
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions; let rise until doubled. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread the spinach mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; tuck ends under.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach-Stuffed Bread
"This tasted really really good - I served it to company and ALL of it went. Just one thing though, I thought it was going to be a disaster as the loaves 'flopped' completely when they came out the oven. Thankfully though, once it was cut it looked fine and tated wonderful."
"I put ham or turkey in mine it is a family favorite"
"Added a little basil, salt and pepper. It was great."