Spinach Strawberry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place asparagus in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, spinach, strawberries and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk the canola oil, vinegar, sugar and salt. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 7, 2018
This was delicious! I ended up buying Spring Mix because they were out of the baby spinach at my store but everything else I kept as written. This is a keeper for sure!
Mar 30, 2013
Good combination of ingredients. May also adapt to your taste. The basic ingredients for the dressing are OK, but WAY too much vinegar. With major alterations, including more sugar and oil, the dressing was good and loved by all. Without changes, totally unacceptable. Obviously you need to adjust the dressing to your taste.
Mar 13, 2011
Excellent recipe, I've made it several times and it always goes rapidly with my guests. It would be nice if TOH would correct the directions where it just says "mix asparagus with............" although it's obvious what to do.
Dec 9, 2010
I have been serving this salad since it first came out in the magazine several years agos. Its beautiful, delicious & my company has always loved it, even those that don't love all the ingredients! Making it again for a party this weekend.