Spinach Souffle Dip
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Dash garlic salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil 10 minutes. Drain spinach; squeeze dry.
- Combine spinach, soup, cheese and egg. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. In a bowl, mix bread cubes, butter, garlic salt and cayenne. Sprinkle over spinach. Bake, uncovered, until bread cubes are golden brown and spinach mixture is heated through, about 30 minutes. Serve with crackers.
Mar 19, 2018
I made this for a Dine Around this weekend. It just didn't have any flavor at all. It received no comments and I brought most of it home. I think maybe it just had too much spinach in it in relation to the rest of the ingredients.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.