Spinach-Sausage Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the red peppers; top with spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, basil and salt. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended. Pour over spinach.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Top with provolone cheese and remaining red peppers. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Jan 25, 2019
I've been making this for years and we love it. I have the exact recipe in a 1990 edition of All New Brunch Cookbook by Pillsbury. It's one of the paperback cookbooks. The recipe is called Spinach Sausage Brunch Casserole.
Mar 27, 2010
This was a hit at my Christmas brunch. Easy and yummy.