Spinach Salad with Spicy Honey Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and garlic salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, parsley, mushrooms, tomatoes, celery, bean sprouts, cheese, sunflower kernels and seasonings.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 241 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 18, 2013
This is an awesome salad!! Every time I make it I get people raving over it and even my marathon running sister can't get enough of it. My husband is super picky and this is his favorite salad. The only thing I take out is the mushrooms as we don't like them uncooked.
Apr 18, 2009
A very good salad. I added the salt, pepper and garlic salt to the dressing and omitted the the salt called for in the dressing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.