Spinach Salad with Shrimp
It’s effortless to eat healthy when you have a mouthwatering salad like this. You won’t need anything else for a balanced meal.—Jacqueline Wilson, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) poppy seed salad dressing or salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms, avocado, oranges, shrimp and sunflower kernels. Drizzle with dressing; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Salad in Country August/September 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.