Spinach Salad with Rhubarb Dressing Recipe
Spinach salad is excellent with this tangy topping, which really perks it up. A friend shared a similar salad dressing recipe with me and I modified it a bit. The rhubarb adds rosy color and mouthwatering flavor.—Twila Mitchell, Lindsborg, Kansas
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar and vinegar; cook over medium heat until the rhubarb is tender, about 6 minutes. Drain, reserving about 6 tablespoons juice; discard pulp.
- 2. Pour juice into a jar with tight-fitting lid; add oil, onion, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Shake well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 423 calories, 35g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 454mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Rhubarb Dressing
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC