Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing Recipe
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. For dressing, in a small saucepan, cook and stir the jelly and vinegar over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Cool completely.
- 2. Just before serving, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 43 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing
"My family raved about this recipe, esp the dressing! It doesn't get any simpler than 2 ingredients! I don't think you need to use all of it, though - keep some for another time. This recipe is definitely going in my file."