Spinach Salad with Red Currant Dressing
This pretty salad can be put together in less than 20 minutes. It adds lots of color to the table, and the sweet-tart dressing is a wonderful complement to the spinach and fruit.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- For dressing, in a small saucepan, cook and stir the jelly and vinegar over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, in a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, strawberries and onions. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 43 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 3, 2011
My family raved about this recipe, esp the dressing! It doesn't get any simpler than 2 ingredients! I don't think you need to use all of it, though - keep some for another time. This recipe is definitely going in my file.