Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, mushrooms and bacon. Place vinegar, onion, sugar, salt and mustard in blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer to a bowl; stir in poppy seeds.
- 2. Divide salad among six plates; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup dressing).
1-1/2 cups with about 2 tablespoons dressing: 280 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
"This was really good. I also added red onions to the salad in addition to the dressing."
"This is a tasty dressing with a bit of kick from the vinegar and mustard. I loved that it was quick to make."
"Made this for lunch with company. Excellent! I used microwave bacon...easy. I substituted romaine for the iceberg. I would make this again. I would also use the dressing on Cole slaw."
"My husband loves this salad and I really like it a lot, too!"
"YUMMY!!! That is all that needs to be said."
"OMGoodness this dressing is now my favorite next to Buttermilk Ranch. This will be added to my Thanksgiving table."
"This is a delicious salad! The only thing I did different was add 2 boiled eggs."