Spinach Salad with Orange Dressing
I reached for this special recipe one night when planning a dinner for friends. With it's slightly sweet dressing, this salad turned out to be the best part of the meal!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, oranges, eggs, bacon, onions and pecans. In a blender, process all dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 230 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Orange Dressing in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.