- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup salad croutons
- 6 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 3 slices red onion, halved
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Divide spinach between two plates. Arrange the eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, croutons, olives and red onion over top.
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- Stir in the sugar, ketchup, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle bacon over salads; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
"This recipe is awesome! The ingredients are things you have in your pantry and the recipe is quick to make. You can add or subtract anything, and we did add the chicken and it was tasty! We also added a little less sugar, I would start with less and add to taste. Next time, I will double the dressing recipe. It stored well and tasted great when we reheated it and ate it with salads and some meats."