Spinach Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Guests are always impressed by this elegant salad's taste and appearance. They never leave the table without requesting the recipe. —Emilie Hinton, Bradley, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium red apple
- Lemon juice
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Thinly slice apple; brush with lemon juice. In a large salad bowl, toss the spinach, lettuce, onion, oranges and apple slices. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and bacon.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds. Stir and drizzle over salad.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Honey Dressing in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.