- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 2 large oranges, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Salad with Honey Dressing
"I love this salad and always get asked for the recipe when I serve it to others. Note that once you add the dressing the salad must be eaten shortly thereafter. Else, the lettuce/ spinach get soggy. I suggest you serve the dressing on the side for pouring on individual servings if you've made a larger than needed salad that you'd like to save. Trust me, it is so worth saving."