Spinach Salad with Curry Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup orange segments
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- On two salad plates, arrange the spinach, orange segments, onion and blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 210 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2011
We really liked the salad ingredients combination, but used 1/8th a small onion because we don't really like raw onion flavor.The dressing didn't taste good by itself, but tasted much better combined with the salad flavors. We think a poppy seed dressing would also be excellent with this salad.Toasting the pecans is a step you really shouldn't leave out. They tasted SO much better toasted. It was pretty essential to the flavor combo.