Spinach Salad with Curry Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup orange segments
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- On two salad plates, arrange the spinach, orange segments, onion and blueberries. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 210 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Jan 29, 2011
We really liked the salad ingredients combination, but used 1/8th a small onion because we don't really like raw onion flavor.The dressing didn't taste good by itself, but tasted much better combined with the salad flavors. We think a poppy seed dressing would also be excellent with this salad.Toasting the pecans is a step you really shouldn't leave out. They tasted SO much better toasted. It was pretty essential to the flavor combo.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.