I love trying new recipes, adding my own touch with a little of this and a pinch of that. This fresh salad nicely combines vegetables, flavors, textures and colors.
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 small fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Arrange spinach, ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and cucumber in individual salad bowls. In blender container or food processor, puree avocado, lime juice, yogurt, onion, sugar and salt; drizzle over salads. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Avocado Dressing in Country Pork 1996, p12