Spinach Salad with Almonds
Sugared almonds provide fun crunch in this slightly sweet spinach salad. You can easily double the recipe when entertaining a larger group.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash paprika
- In a small heavy skillet, melt sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add almonds; stir to coat. Spread on foil to cool; break apart. In a salad bowl, gently toss the spinach and raspberries.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 121 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Spinach Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.