- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 quarts fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 1 can (16 ounces) bean sprouts, drained or 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- In a bottle or jar, combine all dressing ingredients. Shake well to mix. Set aside. In a large salad bowl, toss all salad ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Salad
"YUM-O! Made without the mushrooms and it still tasted awesome. Love the dressing!"
"Very good spinach salad. Left off the bean sprouts, simply because the ones I had went bad before their time."
"I make this with a grilled chicken breast and it is always a hig. The dressing is fabulous."
"Brought this to our family Christmas gathering today and it was a huge hit! Will make this again."