VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Rice Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p48
Reviews forSpinach Rice Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
"I have made this many times. It is delicious! My oldest daughter loved it even when she was a toddler."