Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 to 8 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, sour cream, butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Add the spinach, chives and dill. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2010
I think I have a new favorite potatoe recipe! So yummy and easy! I would definitely cook the potatoes part way before cooking, though. I used the mentioned time (plus an additional 30 minutes) and they still were a bit crunchy. Nevertheless, DELICIOUS!
Apr 19, 2010
My family hears "spinach" and turns up their nose. Not so with this! SO YUMMY! The dill adds just the right kick. I will, however, boil my potatoes a bit before baking as 20 min in the oven was not long enough for fork tender. I will definitely make these again...and again!