Spinach Potato Pie
When we have brunch with relatives, I like to make this crustless quiche with hash browns and spinach. We think it's a great addition to our menu. —Deanna Phillips, Ferndale, Washington
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake 40 minutes. Arrange tomatoes over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the edge comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 204 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Potato Spinach Quiche in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014