Spinach Pork Chops with Lemon Gravy
Total TimePrep/Cook Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the spinach, and 2 tablespoons walnuts; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Add garlic: cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stuff 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper. In the same skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-8 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir flour and salt into skillet until blended. Gradually stir in broth and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 368 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Sep 26, 2012
Made this and it was very good. Next time i'll dry toast the walnts in a pan first. that should bring it up to a 5
Oct 7, 2011
I used diced fresh mushrooms instead of walnuts because one of my family members is allergic to nuts. I increased both the garlic and lemon juice. This was a delicious and I would definitely make it again.