Spinach-Pine Nut Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.6 ounces) Alfredo sauce mix
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, stirring in the tomatoes and spinach during the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk and Alfredo sauce mix. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup pine nuts and salt.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; toss with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with remaining pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 337 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 13, 2010
I really loved this recipe! It was easy and flavorful...I never have leftovers when this is made! Some of my family preferred not to have sun-dried tomatoes, but either way it tastes great!
Feb 3, 2010
Made with Silk Soymilk... A bit boring. Extra salt made it edible, but I was rather disappointed. Perhaps my tomatoes needed to be chopped smaller, because they do enhance the flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.