Spinach-Pesto Turkey Tenderloins
My husband and I love turkey tenderloin stuffed with spinach and goat cheese. This deliciously easy variation on a classic entree takes weeknight dinner to a new level. —Hayley Long, Oxford, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine spinach, cheese and garlic. Cut a pocket in each tenderloin by slicing horizontally to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Fill with cheese mixture; secure with kitchen string if necessary.
- Place tenderloins on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; brush with pesto. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°. Cut each tenderloin into four slices.