- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup olive oil
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the walnuts, lemon juice and peel; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Serve desired amount of pesto with pasta. Transfer remaining sauce to ice cube trays. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen pesto: Thaw in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forSpinach Pesto
"easy to make and got five stars from the family"
"I made extra, from an abundant basil harvest last summer, froze it in ice cube trays and was able to enjoy a quick, delicious meal for my family all winter long. Wonderful!!"
"This recipe was delicious and simple. I poured the pesto over pasta with bacon and sauted mushrooms. It was very good, and we had plenty of leftovers."