Spinach Pepperoni Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and pepperoni in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spinach, basil and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain spaghetti. Toss with pepperoni mixture and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 400 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2018
As written, a four. To make it a five, add 2-3 cloves of garlic to the mushroom mixture. Can use kale in place of the spinach. Add some fresh ground black pepper and save some of the cooking water from the spaghetti so it won't be as dry.
Jan 23, 2011
I think I will try it with a little marinara sauce as a binder. Otherwise, tasty and quick