In Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Joanne Laing Soyk uses fresh basil to flavor this medley of mushrooms, pepperoni, spinach and spaghetti. "It's delicious accompanied with breadsticks," she remarks.
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and pepperoni in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spinach, basil and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain spaghetti. Toss with pepperoni mixture and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Pepperoni Spaghetti in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p34
Reviews forSpinach Pepperoni Spaghetti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"I think I will try it with a little marinara sauce as a binder. Otherwise, tasty and quick"