- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms and pepperoni in butter until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spinach, basil and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain spaghetti. Toss with pepperoni mixture and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Pepperoni Spaghetti
"As written, a four. To make it a five, add 2-3 cloves of garlic to the mushroom mixture. Can use kale in place of the spinach. Add some fresh ground black pepper and save some of the cooking water from the spaghetti so it won't be as dry."
"I think I will try it with a little marinara sauce as a binder. Otherwise, tasty and quick"