- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Add the red pepper mixture, spinach, bacon, feta cheese and tomatoes. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, pepper, salt and remaining oil; shake well. Drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Penne Toss
"we love this recipe and make it often its good both hot or cold.I use balsamic vinegar instead and have added mushrooms ..deilicious"
"I take this everytime I need to bring food for a friend. Everyone asks for the recipe. My husband wants me to make it once a week."
"FAB salad new favorite of husband add meat and it is a complete meal"
"This stuff is great. I added rotisserie chicken and an avocado for a complete meal in one."