- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe or Greek olives
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and olives. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Penne Salad
"One of my favorite recipes! We like it just like this, but also enjoy it with 4 oz. of chicken. Delicious!"
"This was perfect. Followed exactly and was a big hit at potluck. Holds up surprisingly well on buffet."
"Just made this for a family gathering and it was a hit. Followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious. Makes a pretty large amount - would be perfect to take to a potluck."
"I wouldn't change a thing!"
"This salad is delicious and easy to make. The first day I thought the vinegar made it taste really strong, ( not bad though) so I liked it better the second day. I like that it's different from the salads that just have a ton of mayo in it. I used pistachio oil because that's what I had open, and black olives, and skipped the green onions because I forgot to buy them. I think this would work with a little finely chopped regular onion though. My husband really liked it too. I will make this again."
"This salad is excellent- the dressing is perfect. I replaced about one-fourth of the spinach with a handful of fresh whole basil leaves from my garden. (we put basil in EVERYTHING) Compliments all around and no leftovers!"