Spinach Penne Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe or Greek olives
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain again.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, tomatoes, feta cheese, onions and olives. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 327 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Penne Salad
"One of my favorite recipes! We like it just like this, but also enjoy it with 4 oz. of chicken. Delicious!"
"This was perfect. Followed exactly and was a big hit at potluck. Holds up surprisingly well on buffet."
"Just made this for a family gathering and it was a hit. Followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious. Makes a pretty large amount - would be perfect to take to a potluck."
"I wouldn't change a thing!"
"This salad is delicious and easy to make. The first day I thought the vinegar made it taste really strong, ( not bad though) so I liked it better the second day. I like that it's different from the salads that just have a ton of mayo in it. I used pistachio oil because that's what I had open, and black olives, and skipped the green onions because I forgot to buy them. I think this would work with a little finely chopped regular onion though. My husband really liked it too. I will make this again."
"This salad is excellent- the dressing is perfect. I replaced about one-fourth of the spinach with a handful of fresh whole basil leaves from my garden. (we put basil in EVERYTHING) Compliments all around and no leftovers!"
"Really good. The white wine vinegar we use was very strong, but the dressing was great!"