Spinach Pecan Bake
I DISCOVERED this recipe while I was on a hunt for a different kind of vegetable dish to serve. I tried it and declared it a winner. The guests I first served this to also raved, so it has a permanent spot in my recipe file. -Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion, spinach, cream, pecans, bread crumbs, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Pecan Bake in Reminisce January/February 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.