I DISCOVERED this recipe while I was on a hunt for a different kind of vegetable dish to serve. I tried it and declared it a winner. The guests I first served this to also raved, so it has a permanent spot in my recipe file. -Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion, spinach, cream, pecans, bread crumbs, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Pecan Bake in Reminisce January/February 2000, p45
Reviews forSpinach Pecan Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2011
"I added mushrooms and approximately 1/3 cup of a white cheese. The recipe was really good and I don't normally like spinach.My guests loved it."