- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine onion, spinach, cream, pecans, bread crumbs, salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Pecan Bake
"I added mushrooms and approximately 1/3 cup of a white cheese. The recipe was really good and I don't normally like spinach.My guests loved it."